The inscription of our territory on the World Heritage List by the UNESCO concerns the Jurisdiction of Saint-Émilion, the medieval city of Saint-Émilion, the seven villages that surround it and their vineyards.
This territory will be defined as a "family and united wine-growing community" from 1199, where the Jurade was established, until 1999. This definition is one of the foundations of the inscription by the UNESCO which the inhabitants are very proud of. Throughout these years, everyone on their own way has contributed to its meaning and to the sustainability of the Saint-Émilion vineyard.
Key figures of the Saint-Émilion Jurisdiction: