December 1999 remains a historic date for Saint-Émilion! It is on this date that the vineyard and the 8 villages of the Jurisdiction of Saint-Émilion were listed as World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, as a "cultural landscape". A world first!
Anniversary means celebration!
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the inscription of the Jurisdiction of Saint-Emilion on the World Heritage List, June 28th, 29th and 30th 2019 will be marked by events throughout the Jurisdiction for a joyful and popular program.
On the program:
- Saint-Emilion Fête le Vin (with a tasting pass at 17 € giving access to 7 wines to be tasted)
- 3 evenings of concerts and music throughout the Jurisdiction (25 concerts and musical events in total)
- Open Doors of the wineries
- Producer markets
- Conferences (including one highlighting the vineyards registered with UNESCO - Burgundy, Champagne, Loire Valley, Lavaux, Douro, Tokaj)
- Parent-child space
- Philosophical walks and night strolls
- Illumination of emblematic monuments
- Street theatre
- Banquet on the banks of the Dordogne in Vignonet
- Procession of the Jurade de Saint-Emilion and Reconstruction of the vine maker's fire mark
A breathtaking program to spend 3 exceptional days!