The history of Château Daugay began in 1807, when the property was legally constituted by Romain Chaperon, then a lawyer in Libourne.
According to the official Féret report, the existence of Daugay is acknowledged in Le Producteur as early as 1841 and in Bordeaux et ses Vins in the first edition of 1850. At that time, it was considered to be a "cru de 1ère Classe", which made it one of the best wines of the appellation.
The beginning of the 20th century marked a turning point in the history of Château Daugay, whose name was henceforth linked to that of the De Boüard family. Maurice de Boüard de Laforest had just inherited the Angélus vineyard. Seduced by the region, his sister Henriette acquired Château Daugay in 1920. Located only 800 metres from the property, it was a 5-hectare plot of vines adorned with a beautiful mansion built in 1816.
From 1946 onwards, the destinies of Angélus and Daugay became intertwined: they shared almost four decades of history when Christian, Maurice de Boüard's youngest son, bought Daugay. It was the (new) Saint-Emilion classification in 1985 that gave the vineyard its independence.
The impetus for this new development was given by Hélène Grenié de Boüard, Christian's daughter, who managed the estate alongside her husband, Jean-Bernard Grenié. They have multiplied their initiatives and undertaken solid work in the vineyard and the cellar to allow this exceptional terroir to express its full potential.
Since 2019, one of their 3 sons, Thierry, has taken over the reins of the estate, thus inscribing the 4th generation of his family in the history of Daugay. His challenge: to perpetuate the family traditions by breathing new life into the estate and to allow the "rare bird" of Saint-Emilion to continue to rise among the greatest.
Saint-Emilion Grand Cru
44°52'58.908"N 0°10'20.280"W // 44.88303 -0.1723
Credit cards accepted
American Express accepted
Expédition à l'étranger